Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Browse » home» » » » » » » » » Fun Way to Get Your Kids to Stop Chatting!

Fun Way to Get Your Kids to Stop Chatting!



This idea is actually a gem that one of my students thought of a few years ago!  One of my classes favorite YouTube videos was this one... "If Youre a Boy" from Harry Kindergarten. 




Well... my kids were chatty one day and I said "If youre a boy zip your lips."  One of my girls said "If youre a boy, a boy, if youre a boy zip your lips!"  And so a new tradition was born!

When my kids get chatty, all I do is start to sing the song!

If theyre extra loud, I have them do actions that will get the other students attention (e.g. ones that make them move more or make more noise) such as: pat your legs, jump up and down or clap your hands.

If theres only one or two students chatting, I usually do more silent action, such as zip your lips, fold your hands.

I actually also use this to get my students to clean up at the end of their writing period.  I break it down step by step for them (since theyre kindergarten), so Ill say "If youre a boy, a boy, if youre a boy put your crayon away."  Then I follow it by fold your hands, push in your chair, and walk to the carpet.

How do you get your kids to quiet down!

No comments:

Post a Comment